Sunday, April 21, 2013

Chapter 2.


Chapter 2
By: Meowda
Edited by: thecat

A boy with long red hair was practicing his sword on a clearing in front of his house, in the human village of Canis. His name is Lux. “Lux? It’s time to hunt!” shouted the hunter, Robert Margin.
 “Dad, I just turned fifteen yesterday. Can I go hunting by myself today?” Lux asked while tying his scabbard and his a-hand-and-a-half sword on the left side of his waist.
“Mr. Margin, you’d better not let the little boy go by himself. Can I go with him?” Selena Carisona, a girl with long blond hair and dark green eyes said.
“Hey, Selena! Don’t call me little when you are only six months older than me!” Lux protested.
Then Ana Carisona shouted, “Selena! It’s time to weave! Come over here!”
 “Yeah, Selena. Go weaving! This is what girls need to do.” Laughed Lux.
“Oh shut up, Lux!”
Selena cried, “Mom! I hate making clothes and doing boring chores. Can I please go hunting? I’m pretty good at archery. I promise I won’t get hurt.”
“Okay, but just this once!”
“Thanks mom!” Selena smiled happily.
 Then Mr. Margin said, “Selena, don’t forget the dagger skill I taught you yesterday, and you also need to help me take care of this hasty boy.”
 “Hasty boy, Lux. By the way, I need to get my bow, arrows, and daggers from my house.”
When the two teens were armed and ready to go, Mr. Robert admonished them once more and said, “Remember not to cross the red line!”
“Yes, dad!” Replied Lux. Lux and Selena ran happily into the forest.

The human village of Canis is surrounded by a huge, dangerous forest filled with vicious magical creatures. It was said that a long time ago, Sai the spirit of all casted a spell that kept all magical creatures out of a circular red line, which surrounded Canis to protect the villagers. Inside the red line, there’s only normal animals like deer and rabbits. The legend also said that Sai built a temple in the forest, but no one knew what its position because it was outside of the red line. Canis is a small village with a population of 30 people. Villagers mostly hunted for living. And here goes Lux and Selena!
“Hush, Lux. I spotted a deer over there. I’ll shoot it with my excellent skills. If it still had the energy to escape, you go and kill it with your sword.” said Selena in a low voice.
“Don’t try to brag about your skill, Selena. You’re skills are okay, and I can shoot too.” “Shut up, Lux. My hunting plan starts now.”
Suddenly, the ground trembled, and the deer ran away with fear.
“What’s going on?” Lux asked with surprise.
The ground’s shaking became stronger, and four tall trees behind them were slashed away by a giant paw, revealing a huge human-looking beast.
 “Kill! Destroy! Blood! I can’t stop thinking about these words after the king did the stupid experiment on me!” The beast said, with a mouth full of fangs.
Selena shot an arrow straight at his head, but the arrow bounced off harmlessly.
Selena shouted to Lux with dread, “I think we’d better run.”
“You’re totally right.” Lux cried back as they ran deep into the forest.
They turned left and right to get rid of the chasing monster. However, the fat monster was very fast, and they spotted the red line right in front of them.
Selena stopped and cried desperately, “What do we do now? The big monster is catching up!”
 “What can we do? Run straight forward!”
“But…” Not waiting for her to finish her sentence, Lux grabbed her hand and dragged her forward.
“Lux, we’re forbidden to cross the red line!”
“But we don’t have a choice!”
“Then think of a way to go back without the monster chasing us!”
“I have no idea! By the way, let’s turn right here.” They argued as they continuously ran deep into the forest.
Suddenly, they heard a howl and saw a gigantic wolf with long fangs on a branch of a big tree staring at them. The fangs shined with electricity around it.
“That’s a magical wolf! I told you not to cross the red line, Lux. Now, what do we do?” Selena cried even more desperately.
However, Lux said with a smile, “I’ve got an idea! Stop running, and when I count to one, we jump to the side.”
“Really, Lux! You…”
“Three…”
The wolf howled with hunger. The human-beast was getting closer slashing away trees which blocked his way.
 “Two…”
The electrical wolf was ready to jump down, and the monster behind was ready to stroke.
“One!”
 Lux and Selena both jumped to the side of the path, and the monster clashed with the wolf. The electrical fangs stabbed deep into the monster’s shoulder, and the giant paw stroke deep into the wolf’s stomach. However, the two beasts didn’t die. The wolf rapidly jumped off from the monster, and the monster stumbled backward. Instantly, two arrows hissed through the air and hit both of the beasts on their wounds. Only Selena the great archer could shoot two accurate arrows together. She shot more arrows at them. Then Lux pulled out his long sword and stabbed the wolf on the back. Bluish blood flew out of the beast. After killing the wolf, Lux also jumped and stabbed the human-beast deep into his wound.
“Finally! Let’s go back.” said Lux who was gasping quickly.
“But how? I don’t know which direction the village is. I think we are lost.”
“One dilemma after another. Now you decide which way.”
“Okay. I think…the best choice is to turn left.” Selena said with hesitation.
They jogged for a while after turning left, and then they found themselves surrounded by four giant electrical wolves. Lux said with a wry smile, “Great idea, Selena!” Suddenly, a wolf jumped and slashed Selena down. Just as Lux was trying to protect Selena, another wolf jumped towards him and put him down as well. When he was trying to endure the pain, he saw the two other wolves gathering around Selena opening their electrical mouths, ready to have lunch. Rage grew inside him. Even though Lux always quarreled with her, he could not bear to see Selena his only friend, being eaten. “I want power.” he thought with anger and aspiration. Suddenly, a deep voice echoed in his mind, “I can give you power.” Then he blacked out for a few seconds.
When Lux was conscious again, he found himself standing with his sword in his hand. Around him, four dead wolves lied in puddles of blue blood. His sword had blood all over it as if it was dipped into blue ink. Selena was staring at him with surprise and fear. “Did I do this?” Lux asked with wonder. “You began to glow. You threw off the wolf on you. Then you pulled out your sword and slayed all the wolves with lightning speed and incredible strength. At that time, your eyes looked as cold as ice. Then you poked my arm, and both of our wounds were healed.” Selena explained. “That was unbelievable. Lux, how did you…” A blazing fireball suddenly landed between them, and threw them high into the sky. When they dropped hardly on the ground and stood up, an elf with brown hair, in empire armor was sneering at them with a blazing fireball floating in his hand.        




No comments:

Post a Comment