Sunday, April 7, 2013

How to make a C&C cage for your guinea pig!



Because most cages for pets sold at the pet store are too small, I decided to make a cage for my guinea pig!
Materials you will need:

- wired grids (make sure the squares on the grid are no larger than 1.5 inches or your guinea pig may choke
I found a good deal here. The grids are 14"x14" and each square is roughly 1.5"
- coroplast (you can buy it at a sign shop, just go to google maps and type in "sign shops near [your city]
-zip ties [optional] (to make the cage stronger and less flimsy) [I bought a 15 pack at CVS for $3.00]
-tape (preferably packaging tape) to form the shape and support the coroplast
Here is the site I used to make the cage shown above.
http://guineapigcages.com/
The room on the left of the cage was just something I added by taking apart my guinea pig's old cage.
You can search for video tutorials on youtube.

I suggest the website because the videos are too long.

By the way, if you don't know what scoring is, it just means to cut halfway down. Make sure to not cut all the way!

It costed me around $45 to make a cage that's around eight square feet!
More pictures!


P.S. My guinea pig doesn't really have a name, so I call her "Cat Pig."



If you would like to help me out and contribute to Balance is Essence News, please comment below or email me at abohanan63@gmail.com

-thecat

No comments:

Post a Comment